Welcome to my world in Pasir Ris:

Palek Paneer At Muthu's Curry

Palek Paneer At Muthu's Curry

Palek Paneer from Muthu's Curry Photo (above).

Muthu's Curry Restaurant at Suntec City Mall was the place that I sank my teeth into this Palek Paneer dish. This north Indian dish of cottage cheese and spinach is an unusual delicacy that diners must try to gain an insight into another culture's culinary specialty.

Their North Indian version of the cottage cheese with grounded spinach was presented in a thick seaweed-green coloured paste that had chunks of cheese within.

I liked the taste of the spinach gravy as it does not have the vegetarian taste of spinach at all. The cottage cheese was firm yet soft. The Palek Paneer remined me of tou fu or bean curd.

Somehow, the sweet and spicy Palek Paneer gravy complemented well with the simple almost bland taste of the cottage cheese.

Recommendation:
Palek Paneer from Muthu's Curry = 6.5 out of 10.

0 comments: