Welcome to my world in Pasir Ris:

Gelare Ice Cream


Sampled this ice-cream from Gelare, located in the basement of Far East Shopping Centre. Visited the ice cream parlour with family while waiting to fetch child from school.

Eight lovely scoops of ice-cream with pieces of Oreo biscuits greeted us on the table. The four flavours of ice cream chosen were chocolate, coffee, strawberry and vanilla.

I liked these scoops of ice cream as the milky taste so commonly found in other brands of ice cream was absent. Originated from Italian and American roots, these ice creams tasted better than the average run-of-the-mill types. The smooth texture with just the right amount of sweetness whetted my appetite for more. But the scoops of ice cream was smaller than what I have been used to eating at one sitting.

The chocolate had a mild bitter but sweet tange to it which I lloved very much. The coffee flavoured ice-cream would have raised my temperature more if the caffeine kick had been stronger. Nevertheless I would grade this Gelare ice cream 7.5 out of a possible 10 score.

Price: S$24.80 for 8 ice cream scoops

0 comments: