Welcome to my world in Pasir Ris:

Eating Places Singapore: Fried Carrot Cake


Eating Places Singapore: Fried Carrot Cake

There are many eating places in Singapore. Some eating places I go because of the recommended food. Some Singapore eating places I go because of the convenience. Some eating places in Singapore I go because of the ambience. Some eating places like foodcourts I go in Singapore because it is the cheapest option to eat out.

The foodcourt at Simei's Eastpoint Mall Shopping Centre is one of those eating places in Singapore that I went to recently because of the prices.

I tried eating their fried carrot cake. They prepare both 'white' and 'black' versions of the friend carrot cake. I saw the queue at this eating place for the fried carrot cake and was tempted to give it a try.

I chose to eat the black fried carrot cake as I like it that way. They used plenty of sweet sauce which is the way I like. However, the oil that was used to fry the carrot cake was also very generously poured all over the hot work.

With one egg mixed into the wok and the carrot cake, the smell was inviting. The texture of the carrot cake was fairly soft, very sweet and the egg gave it an added robustness. But the oil drip was not a positive.

Overall, this simple dish is easy to prepare but hard to reproduce to a standard that everybody will appreciate. Perhaps next time I shall ask the lady to save the oil for another customer.

The dish is halal certified.

Recommendation:

Overal score for fried carrot cake = 7 out of 10.

0 comments: