Welcome to my world in Pasir Ris:

Hokkien Noodle, EastPoint Mall Foodcourt


Hokkien Noodle, EastPoint Mall Foodcourt

This Hokkien Noodle dish served at the foodcourt in EastPoint Mall is halal. I tried it some time ago and discovered a new eating place in Simei.

Taste-wise, I must say that it is different from the usual hokkien mee that I've tried. The noodles have a springy texture and are less soggy than those that I regularly eat. The gravy sauce used in this hokkien noodle dish looks clearer and tastes more watery but it is still sweet.

I realise that the most important aspect of hokkien noodle is its prawn paste. Sadly, the prawn taste was severely lacking in their version. Even the prawns that was used lacked the taste of a juicy prawn.

As I like my hokkien prawn noodle with a thicker and richer prawn paste, I am afraid that I can't score this dish highly. Those who like simple noodles in a clear watery sauce will like this Hokkien noodle dish.

It is different from the Hokkien noodles that use thick prawn (hae-bee) paste. The good thing about this cersion that is served at Eastpoint Mall foodcourt is that it is a much healthier choice.

Recommendation:
Score for hokkien noodle dish = 6.5 out of 10.

0 comments: